See full course details on our website here: https://www.apsi.edu.au/courses/health-care-training/cert-iii-individual-support-disability/
The Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) course provides the required training to work in a community and/or residential workplace, offering support to people with disabilities. The growing disability sector is a valuable and fulfilling industry and offers a range of career paths.
This qualification delivers the skills and knowledge required for working in the community and/or residential settings providing person-centred support to people with disabilities in everyday living tasks, recreation and leisure, accommodation support, skills development, recreation and respite care.
People with disability have the same rights as others to participate in community life. It is important that services and facilities are accessible for them. As a Disability Support Worker you are assisting people to access all services that are available to everybody living in Australia and improve inclusion of people with a disability.
- Provide individualised support
- Support independence and well being
- Communicate and work in health or community services
- Work with diverse people
- Work legally and ethically
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- 1 semester (26 weeks) which includes 160 hours of workplace training in aged care homes or community care facilities
To provide a conducive environment for students to learn, grow and transform through quality education and training.
We are passionate about creating opportunities through lifelong learning, to provide students with professional, practical and positive learning experiences so they become competent, valuable professionals, and to maximise their career opportunities and academic pathways in Australia. We help to enrich student’s life experience through community connections by gaining practical work experience in Australia.
- PASSION: We are a team that is passionate and enthusiastic towards lifelong learning and delivery
- INTEGRITY: We are a team that is true to our word and operate with absolute integrity
- DRIVE: We are a team that drive to achieve and advance together
- BELIEF: We are a team that believe in everything we do and everything we work for unequivocally
- COMMITMENT: We are a team that is committed to producing extraordinary results for our stakeholders
- EXCELLENCE: We are a team that strives towards excellence for all our stakeholders
- RESPECT: We treat individuals with respect by celebrating, valuing and caring for people and the environment ...