Through this course you’ll gain the skills and qualifications you need to professionally provide person-centred care to people who, due to ageing, disability or some other cause, require support.
Through this course you will take part in one of three streams, each focusing on a different group of individuals who require significant professional care. These two streams are:
- Aged Care & Home and Community Care
- Disability Care
During your course you’re equipped with a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
With these skills you’ll be prepared for a wide variety of roles, including:
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Nursing Assistant
- Care Worker
- Home Carer
- Community House Worker
- Disability Services Officer (in some jurisdictions)
- Field Officer
- Home Care Assistant
- In-home Respite Worker
- Personal Care Giver
- Personal Care Worker
- Residential Care Worker
- Support Worker
This course can be delivered by E-focus in two different formats:
IN THE CLASSROOM
When delivered in a classroom setting this course can be completed in approximately in 26 weeks. Training takes place 2 days per week 9:30am – 2:30am at one of our training locations around Victoria.
IN THE WORKPLACE
This course can be undertaken as a Traineeship, which takes place over approximately 12 months. During the traineeship dedicated trainers from E-focus will hold fortnightly 3-hour training sessions to cover new course content and perform assessments.
The Core Units of this qualification are:
- CHCCCS015 - Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 - Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
The elective units of this qualification for ageing and HACC steam are:
- CHCAGE001 - Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 - Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011 - Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS025 - Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCHCS001 - Provide home and community support services
- CHCPAL001 - Deliver care services using a palliative approach
The elective units of this qualification for the disability steam are:
- CHCDIS007 - Facilitate the empowerment of people with a disability
- CHCDIS001 - Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths based approach
- CHCDIS002- Follow established person centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS003 - Support community participation and social inclusion
At E-focus Training we support our students into meaningful employment through the provision of training and education. We work within our community, to help those looking to get into the Aged Care, Disability, Community Services, Business and Hospitality sectors.
E-focus Training focuses on quality and the learner experience, ensuring that our training provides successful pathways to employment. Our courses focus on qualifications that match labour market opportunities and flexible learning options, like work based traineeships, school based apprenticeships and supportive classroom learning.
We are committed to providing you with the best possible training options and unique, individualised support to help you meet the requirements of your chosen qualification. We strive to provide you with a first-class experience based on up-to-date practices and skills required in the workplace and general community.
We also offer a high quality education and assessment service to employers and specialise in customised training designed to meet specific student and employer needs.