This qualification prepares students to work in a range of settings in order to care for, support and empower people with disabilities in order to help them achieve greater levels of independence, self-reliance, community participation and wellbeing.
This involves teaching students a wide array of valuable skills, including;
- How to provide individualised support
- Managing ethical and legal compliance
- Recognising healthy body systems
- Facilitating community involvement and social participation
This qualification prepares students for a variety of roles, including but not limited to:
- Behavioural Support Officer
- Development Officer
- Disability Officer - Day Support
- Disability Support Officer/Worker
- Employment Coordinator (Disability)
- Job Coordinator
- Lifestyle Support Officer/Worker
- Local Area Coordinator
- Project Officer (Life Enhancement Team)
- Residential Care Officer
This course can be delivered by E-focus in two different formats:
IN THE CLASSROOM
When delivered in a classroom setting this course can be completed in approximately in 26 weeks. Training takes place 2 days per week 9:30am – 2:30am at one of our training locations around Victoria.
IN THE WORKPLACE
This course can be undertaken as workplace training if a participant currently holds a position within the industryworking a minimum of 15 hours per week. Workplace training involves fortnightly 3-hour workplace visits, one-on-one training, and flexible assessment methods. When completed in the workplace this qualification can be earned in approximately 12 months.
The Core Units of this qualification are:
- CHCCCS015 - Provide individualised support
- CHCDIS002 - Follow established person centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS005 - Develop and provide person centred service responses
- CHCDIS007 - Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- CHCDIS008 - Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS009 - Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person centred approach
- CHCDIS010 - Provide person centred services to people with disability with complex needs
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
The Elective Units of this qualification may include:
- CHCADV001 - Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCCCS011 - Meet personal support needs
- CHCDIS004 - Communicate using augmentative and alternative communication strategies
At E-focus Training we support our students into meaningful employment through the provision of training and education. We work within our community, to help those looking to get into the Aged Care, Disability, Community Services, Business and Hospitality sectors.
E-focus Training focuses on quality and the learner experience, ensuring that our training provides successful pathways to employment. Our courses focus on qualifications that match labour market opportunities and flexible learning options, like work based traineeships, school based apprenticeships and supportive classroom learning.
We are committed to providing you with the best possible training options and unique, individualised support to help you meet the requirements of your chosen qualification. We strive to provide you with a first-class experience based on up-to-date practices and skills required in the workplace and general community.
We also offer a high quality education and assessment service to employers and specialise in customised training designed to meet specific student and employer needs.