The community services industry services industry plays an important role in the wellbeing of communities across Australia.
This nationally recognised qualification provides graduates with a based knowledge of the community services sector. The skills and knowledge gained in this qualification build on previous training or vocational experience of students, and prime them to take on more senior roles within the community services industry.
Specific skills covered by this course include:
- Performing case management
- Working with those that struggle with drugs and alcohol
- Working within a community framework
- Using Communication to effectively build relationships
- Developing Networks and Collaborative Partnerships
Upon completing this qualification, you will be qualified to work within the following roles:
- Community services worker
- Case Worker
- Alcohol and other drug worker
- Family support worker
- Welfare worker
- Group facilitator
- Pastoral care worker
- Client services assessor
This course is delivered in a classroom setting, and can be completed within 32 weeks. Training takes place 2 days per week 9:30am – 2:30am at one of our training locations around Victoria.
The Core Units of this qualification are:
- CHCADV001 - Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCCCS004 - Assess co-existing needs
- CHCCOM002 - Use communication to build relationships
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRP001 - Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTWHS003 - Maintain work health and safety
The Elective Units of this qualification may include:
- CHCAOD001 - Work in alcohol and other drugs context
- CHCCCS006 - Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCDE003 - Work within a community development framework
- CHCCSM005 - Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCMHS001 - Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCDFV001 - Recognise and respond appropriately to domestic and family violence
- CHCSOH001 - Work with people experiencing or at risk of homelessness
- CHCCCS020 - Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
*Elective Units may be subject to change
At E-focus Training we support our students into meaningful employment through the provision of training and education. We work within our community, to help those looking to get into the Aged Care, Disability, Community Services, Business and Hospitality sectors.
E-focus Training focuses on quality and the learner experience, ensuring that our training provides successful pathways to employment. Our courses focus on qualifications that match labour market opportunities and flexible learning options, like work based traineeships, school based apprenticeships and supportive classroom learning.
We are committed to providing you with the best possible training options and unique, individualised support to help you meet the requirements of your chosen qualification. We strive to provide you with a first-class experience based on up-to-date practices and skills required in the workplace and general community.
We also offer a high quality education and assessment service to employers and specialise in customised training designed to meet specific student and employer needs.