See full course details on our website here: https://www.apsi.edu.au/courses/health-care-training/diploma-of-community-services/
Community Services is a diverse, exciting and rapidly growing industry which offers graduates choices of a highly satisfying career with fantastic opportunities for long term employment in Australia.
If you are passionate about helping those in need in the community, you can decide on the field you are most passionate about and be empowered to become involved in the management of the service delivery.
The skills and knowledge gained from this qualification will empower you to work in a variety of position in the community and enrich the lives of individuals with varied needs. You can select to work in a variety of services such as disability, aged care, social housing, youth, disadvantaged diverse groups or aboriginal support.
This qualification enables students to assist clients in accessing their community, or offering assistance to clients with complex needs while maintaining a dignified and independent lifestyle. Our experienced trainer will guide you through a number of techniques in order to provide a client with a holistic approach to well-being. At the end of the course, students are required to complete 200 hours of work placement, which will provide students with valuable practical experience and to build upon the skills and knowledge learnt throughout the course.
You will gain skills that may support and improve the lives of your clients as well as develop the skills of your staff, which could range from overseeing the care of people with complex needs, providing support when clients experience losses and grief, advocating for vulnerable people, supporting staff in the workplace through planning and monitoring services and working with people from vastly diverse backgrounds.
In this course you will learn how to:
- Communicate effectively with and advocate on behalf of clients
- Apply counselling techniques
- Work effectively with diverse clients one-on-one or in groups
- Apply all aspects of case management
- Implement community development strategies
- Understand the impacts of sociological factors on clients
- 2 semester (52 weeks) which includes 8 weeks or 160 hours of workplace training in community services.
To provide a conducive environment for students to learn, grow and transform through quality education and training.
We are passionate about creating opportunities through lifelong learning, to provide students with professional, practical and positive learning experiences so they become competent, valuable professionals, and to maximise their career opportunities and academic pathways in Australia. We help to enrich student’s life experience through community connections by gaining practical work experience in Australia.
- PASSION: We are a team that is passionate and enthusiastic towards lifelong learning and delivery
- INTEGRITY: We are a team that is true to our word and operate with absolute integrity
- DRIVE: We are a team that drive to achieve and advance together
- BELIEF: We are a team that believe in everything we do and everything we work for unequivocally
- COMMITMENT: We are a team that is committed to producing extraordinary results for our stakeholders
- EXCELLENCE: We are a team that strives towards excellence for all our stakeholders
- RESPECT: We treat individuals with respect by celebrating, valuing and caring for people and the environment ...