This qualification applies to individuals working in a work health and safety (WHS) roles who provide a broad range of technical knowledge and skills, and have some limited responsibility for the output of others.
The qualification applies to those working as supervisors, WHS personnel, and workers in other WHS-related roles who manage risks effectively, apply relevant WHS laws, and contribute to WHS within the workplace in known or changing contexts with established parameters.
In this qualification you will learn:
- Australian Standards and relevant regulations and legislation
- Risk assessment and hazard control
- WHS management systems
- WHS consultation and participation processes (identifying participants, reviewing procedures, ascertaining training needs, communicating data, developing improvement initiatives)
- WHS leadership skills
- Incident response procedures
- Assisting in incident investigations
- Managing claims and implementing rehabilitation / return-to-work programs
- Establishing, reviewing and evaluating WHS measures and initiatives
To complete this course you must demonstrate competency in a total of 10 units. These units have been selected to give you the most comprehensive overview of work health and safety requirements at a supervisory level.
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
BSBWHS417 Assist with managing WHS implications of return to work
- BSBWHS418 Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
- BSBWHS419 Contribute to implementing WHS monitoring processes
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
Our name comes with a story and people regularly ask “Why ASSET?” or “What does ASSET train?” The short answer is easy “We train people because people are Assets!”
The more detailed explanation of how our name came about is two-fold: Firstly, the greatest asset in any business is its people; no matter what business you look at, the expertise and personality of the staff make that business what it is. Reputation can be gained or lost on product quality but more so by the service, skill and efficiency of the staff that work in the business. Secondly, your knowledge and skills are what make you an asset to current/future employers as well as the colleagues, customers, suppliers and others that you work with. All knowledge and skills are learnt then practised; if you invest in your learning then you will increase your ‘asset’ value, hence our slogan “Knowledge is your greatest asset!”
Over a decade on from choosing our business name, Asset College has helped tens of thousands of people and businesses to improve their knowledge and skills. The name “ASSET” is widely recognised as a quality training provider thanks to the continually improving knowledge and skills of the ASSET Team. ...