Exceptional communication skills are one of the key attributes of our great leaders. Leaders and managers need to be able to effectively communicate with both their team and external stakeholders in order to deliver results for their organisations.
While leaders must plan and monitor the work of others, it is important to do so in a way that gives team members confidence in their abilities and shows trust in staff.
Management teams must lead with innovative and challenging ideas that inspire their team to achieve organisational goals.
At this level you:
- Apply your practical skills to complex leadership skills in the workplace
- Have generalist management skills that allow you to effectively manage across multiple departments
- Display initiative and judgement
- Monitor the workloads of others as well as your own
- Provide solutions to unpredictable problems
- Are responsible for a whole range of outcomes in your organisation
To complete this course you must demonstrate competency in a total of 12 units. These units have been selected to give you the most comprehensive overview of the role of a successful leader.
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR511 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
- BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction staff
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- BSBWHS521 Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
Our name comes with a story and people regularly ask “Why ASSET?” or “What does ASSET train?” The short answer is easy “We train people because people are Assets!”
The more detailed explanation of how our name came about is two-fold: Firstly, the greatest asset in any business is its people; no matter what business you look at, the expertise and personality of the staff make that business what it is. Reputation can be gained or lost on product quality but more so by the service, skill and efficiency of the staff that work in the business. Secondly, your knowledge and skills are what make you an asset to current/future employers as well as the colleagues, customers, suppliers and others that you work with. All knowledge and skills are learnt then practised; if you invest in your learning then you will increase your ‘asset’ value, hence our slogan “Knowledge is your greatest asset!”
Over a decade on from choosing our business name, Asset College has helped tens of thousands of people and businesses to improve their knowledge and skills. The name “ASSET” is widely recognised as a quality training provider thanks to the continually improving knowledge and skills of the ASSET Team. ...