Join the fitness industry as a personal trainer and feel the satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference to people’s lives.
Maybe you’ve just started thinking about having a career in the industry, or perhaps you have been considering it for a while. Either way, becoming a personal trainer can be very rewarding and having the flexibility of being your own boss and choosing your own hours is a great way to work.
To become an accredited Gym Instructor and Personal Trainer in Australia, you must hold:
- Certificate III in Fitness; and
- Certificate IV in Fitness
The Certificate III in Fitness is completed prior to the Certificate IV in Fitness. We have arranged them in sequence in our Personal Trainer Course. Upon completion of both Certificates, you will be a qualified Gym Instructor and Personal Trainer.
You have up to 12 months to complete your Certificate III and an additional 12 months for Certificate IV if needed, commencing the course whenever it suits you. That’s the bonus of flexible study.
Online learning includes access to all course materials, with student support services available if you have any queries or require assistance with your coursework. You can contact our student support team as often as you like. Throughout your course, you complete practical work in fitness centres and PT facilities to perfect your skills and are assessed via these practical placements, case studies, written assessments and online quizzes.
As a part of your course requirements, students must also complete:
- 32 hours of practical placement for the Certificate III in Fitness
- 30 hours practical placement for the Certificate IV in Fitness
- 50 hour professional practice log book for Certificate IV in Fitness
You can perform your placement at an approved fitness centre or Personal Training Studio under the supervision of a qualified mentor Personal Trainer. Most students will be able to access an approved facility and mentor at a location convenient to them.
Should you have any difficulties securing placement, AFA can utilise our industry partnerships to assist you to find a suitable facility and mentor.
- Principles of Nutrition
- Introduction to Exercise Science
- Lower Body/Trunk Anatomy Exercises
- Resistance Programming & Instruction
- Cardiovascular Physiology, Programming & Instruction
- and more…
- Applied Nutrition
- Motivational Psychology
- Athlete Strength & Conditioning
- Principles of Functional Movement
- Business Operations & Marketing
- and more…
The minimum payment is $50 per week or $100 per fortnight until the end of the contract.
Australian Fitness Academy has been delivering fitness qualifications for over 27 years. Over this time we have discovered how students prefer to study and how to effectively integrate study into people’s lifestyles (through offering online and face-to-face courses), whilst not compromising on the standards of our courses.
Our qualifications are nationally recognised, you can study from anywhere in Australia, or the world, and extensive student support services are in place to support you through your course and into a rewarding career in the fitness industry.
1. Great Reputation — teaching for over 27 years we are well known and respected within the fitness industry.
2. Unmatched Support — we employ a team of fully qualified tutors to assist you with any questions you may have throughout your course.
3. Leading Online Study — our advanced resources make it fast and easy to learn, right from the comfort of your own home, from anywhere in the world.
4. Practical Placement — you can complete your practical training in an approved fitness centre convenient to your location and receive an AFA 2XU uniform for FREE. ...