Whether you’re looking for a change of career path, or are a recent school leaver searching to find an industry, a Certificate III in hospitality equips you with a wide variety of skills that enable you to work in an array of different work environments.
Key skills covered in this qualification include:
- Providing service to customers
- Contributing to a safe workplace
- Handling food hygienically
- Responsibly serving alcohol
This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops and allows for multi-skilling and specialisation in accommodation services, food and beverage and gaming, with career opportunities include:
- Espresso coffee machine operator
- Food and beverage attendant
- Front desk receptionist
- Front office assistant
- Function attendant
- Function host
- Gaming attendant
- Guest service agent
This course is delivered as a traineeship and requires a participant currently holds a position within the industry. Workplace training involves monthly workplace visits, one-on-one training, and flexible assessment methods. When completed in the workplace this qualification can be earned in approximately 16 months.
The Core Units of this qualification are:
- BSBWOR203 - Work effectively with others
- SITHIND002 - Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITHIND004 - Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXCCS006 - Provide service to customers
- SITXCOM002 - Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXHRM001 - Coach others in job skills
- SITXWHS001 - Participate in safe work practices
The Elective Units of this qualification may include:
- SITXFSA001 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
- BSBITU306 - Design and produce business documents
- SITHFAB019 - Plan and monitor espresso coffee service
- SITHFAB007 - Serve food and beverage
- SITHFAB014 - Provide table service of food and beverage
- SITHFAB016 - Provide advice on food
- SITHFAB002 - Provide responsible service of alcohol
- BSBCMM201 - Communicate in the workplace
*Elective Units may be subject to change
At E-focus Training we support our students into meaningful employment through the provision of training and education. We work within our community, to help those looking to get into the Aged Care, Disability, Community Services, Business and Hospitality sectors.
E-focus Training focuses on quality and the learner experience, ensuring that our training provides successful pathways to employment. Our courses focus on qualifications that match labour market opportunities and flexible learning options, like work based traineeships, school based apprenticeships and supportive classroom learning.
We are committed to providing you with the best possible training options and unique, individualised support to help you meet the requirements of your chosen qualification. We strive to provide you with a first-class experience based on up-to-date practices and skills required in the workplace and general community.
We also offer a high quality education and assessment service to employers and specialise in customised training designed to meet specific student and employer needs.