Personal assistants, secretaries and executive assistants are some of the most important people in any organisation in Australia. This course empowers these workers with the skills and techniques to become even more efficient, productive and professional.
The PD Training Foundation Skills for Elite Personal Assistants and Executive Assistants Training Course provides personal assistants and secretaries with the techniques to become well-organised, efficient and well-prepared for today’s evolving workplace. Participants in this course will enhance and develop skills like setting and managing meetings, basic project management concepts, setting priorities and communicating effectively with all levels of staff.
This practical 1-day professional development training course provides techniques you can really use! We look forward to welcoming you to a course in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra, Parramatta or Perth.
The Effective PA
- The skills and attributes of an effective PA/EA
- Role Defined
Your winning style and how best to communicate with your Manager
- Step 1: LDP Review – Communication Evolution Tool
- Understanding the Counsellor
- Understanding the Coach
- Understanding the Driver
- Understanding the Advisor
- Step 2: Adapt your Approach to be effective
- Do’s and Don’ts when interacting with the Counsellor
- Planning my future Communication strategies with “Counsellor’s”
- Do’s and Don’ts when interacting with the Coach
- Planning my future Communication strategies with “Coach’s”
- Do’s and Don’ts when interacting with the Driver
- Planning my future Communication strategies with “Driver’s”
- Do’s and Don’ts when interacting with the Advisor
- Planning my future Communication strategies with “Advisor’s”
Set up for Success
- Your Web of Influence
- Key Personnel in Depth Template
- Management (PIT) Personal Information Template
Working in Sync
- Email Management
- Email Etiquette
- Create the email however direct replies to someone else
- Manage your inbox
- Follow the READ principle and stay on top of your email
- Manage your inbox with Flags and Rules
- Block out times for your Manager
- Organised Review and Preparation Times
Prioritisation to keep you on Track
- That’s a WRAP – getting it all done on time
- WRAP Technique
- Ranking Priorities
- Anticipating Time for Tasks – using PERT
- Beyond Goal Setting
- The SMARTR Framework
- Writing SMARTR Goals – Template
- SMARTR Goal Template
- Additional Tips
- Goals Deconstructed
- Reconstruct your SMART goal
Meetings to run without a Hitch!
- Meeting Checklist
- Meeting Checklist Template
- Agenda Creation
- Meeting Agenda Template
- Keep the meeting on time - planned time interrupters
- Minute Taking that you can understand
- Composing your Minutes
- What can you do to help yourself?
- Create an Action Plan
- Accountability = Action
Welcome to pd training, we are an Australian-owned international training and professional services organisation. We have around 400 specialist trainers across Australia delivering thousands of courses each year in our 16 areas of specialty.
We provide industry-leading post course reinforcement, a training management system, world-class Personality Profiling, and support custom training roll outs across Australia and the world.
Professional Development Training provides Australia's leading and most comprehensive training solution. Learners receive our exclusive industry-leading post course reinforcement framework to help them beat the forgetting curve, and make the most of the training.
Management receive a range of benefits including a training management system that makes quoting, booking and reporting on training easier and faster than ever before.