Previously known as Apply First Aid, Senior First Aid or Level 2 Workplace First Aid
Australia Wide First Aid’s Provide First Aid course is the minimum requirement for workplace first aid compliance. The Provide First Aid unit of competency provides you with the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management
of casualty(s), the incident and other First Aiders until emergency qualified help arrives at the scene of the accident.
First Aid Certification
Australia Wide First Aid is a Registered Training Organisation so you can be assured your training is nationally recognised. Your statement of attainment will certify that you have been trained in HLTAID003 Provide First Aid, which encompasses the contents of HLTAID001 Provide CPR and HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
Your Provide First Aid certificate is valid for three (3) years. The CPR component of the course is valid for 12 months and will need to be updated annually for you to keep your certification current. By signing up to our renewals program, the staff at Australia Wide First Aid will send you a reminder detailing the date your course is due to be updated.
Australia Wide First Aid Provide First Aid course complies with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines relating to the provision of first aid.
A list of topics and skills covered in Australia Wide First Aid’s comprehensive course is as below:
- The basic ethics and theory involved in first aid practice.
- The measures need to be taken to effectively deal with issues concerning major or minor injury and illness.
- The most important management steps needs to be undertaken when dealing with potentially critical health conditions.
- Basic Health and safety knowledge is required when dealing with the condition of first aid situations.
- The principles, procedures and standard precautions need to be undertaken to control infection and its spread.
- You will master the knowledge of ‘Chain of Survival’.
- You will learn the skills a First Aider possesses and what limitations you should be aware of.
- How and when an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) should be used.
You will learn the first aid management of:
- Injuries: Cold and crush injuries, eye and ear injuries, head, neck and spinal injuries; minor skin injuries; needle stick injuries; soft tissue injuries including sprains, strains and dislocations.
- Burns: From thermal, chemical, friction, or electrical contact
- Environmental Impact: Hypothermia, hyperthermia, dehydration or heat stroke
- Envenomation: From a snake, spider, insect and marine bites/stings
- Medical conditions: Such as cardiac conditions, epilepsy, diabetes, asthma, and other respiratory conditions
- Substance Misuse: High intake of common drugs and alcohol, including illicit drugs
- Awareness of stress manage techniques and available support
- Other Conditions: Allergic reactions, bleeding, chest pain, choking/airway obstruction, fractures, near drowning, respiratory diseases, seizures, shock, stroke, altered or loss of consciousness, causality with no signs of life, excessive intake of poisoning and toxic substances (including chemical contamination).
When you choose to do a first aid course with Australia Wide First Aid, everything you need to know will be covered on the day of the course. When you confirm your first aid course booking, you will receive access to Australia Wide First Aid’s first aid manual. This can be used for personal study and as a first aid reference. The manual does not form part of the course work, so there is no need to print it or bring it to your first aid course.
The Provide First Aid course is competency based training and does not require any previous training and qualifications. Anyone can enrol in Australia Wide First Aid’s Provide First Aid course regardless of your level of experience. However, we do ask that all students under 14 years must provide written permission from a parent or guardian to attend the course.
At Australia Wide First Aid, our nationally recognised first aid courses are outstanding in two key areas:
- All our First Aid training courses have a best price guarantee for your piece of mind, and
- You will be issued with your nationally recognised first aid certificate on the same day as your first aid course (if payment is received prior to your first aid course).
Our first aid courses are performed and delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
Although there are NO prerequisites for our first aid training courses, we do ask that any student aged 14 years and under are accompanied by an adult or provide written permission from their guardian.
Groups and Businesses
Australia Wide First Aid offer group first aid training courses that are conveniently conducted on the site of your business in conjunction with your operational needs. Our courses will ensure you and your employees can receive your nationally recognised first aid certificates without leaving the premises. Australia Wide First Aid’s most popular course is the streamlined Provide First Aid course, including CPR, which begins and ends in a single working day. ...